2009年3月23日星期一

The Fur Trade

1. Find and post 5 pictures of the fur trade. Explain what you see in each picture in 5-8 sentences. (Remember to post where you got the picture from!)



  • http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=91554&rendTypeId=4
  • It shows 4 people in this picture and a bit of fur trade.
  • There has a man who holds a stick and looks at it,I think maybe he is checking the quality of it.
  • There has two men like the seller in this picture that you can see it easily.
  • I saw some furs above the floor,I think the man who had a stick he needed to sell the seller.
  • The seller is looking carefully to the furs,they want to check how much money should they give to him.
  • It also has a woman in this picture,maybe she is the man who in front of her.
  • That's a pawnshop that I think,people who hunt animals and then sell to them.
  • The man who holds a stick maybe he is a hunter and I think he is so poor because he wants to sell the furs.

http://www.canpages.ca/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/saskatchewan-fur-trade.jpg

  • There has so many people in this picture that I saw.
  • These people in a forest that I think,they got a lot of furs when they wanted go away,they saw some people who are the managing people in there.
  • The characters of this picture who has the knives maybe they are hunters and they took some furs in their hands.
  • It has a woman in this picture,she behind the hunter,I think she is a wife of one of them.
  • This picture reminds me think something there is a poor place,people who in the left of this picture,they looks very thin,maybe they are the kin of these people.
  • In this picture,I saw people are took some furs,I think they have to hunt animals.If they didn't do it,they can't live.
  • I saw the hunters wanted sell them quickly,they wears so dirty.The shoes of them are so dirty.
  • From this picture,it also told us we should protect the animals.

  • http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/ptr0137l.jpg
  • There is an illustration about the fur.
  • It has two animals in this picture,they looks so pitiful.The animals are shouted"Boo".They hate people who hunt them.
  • It has a woman also in this picture,she looks very nervous and she looks around her.Maybe she don't know what she did wrong that I think.
  • When I saw this picture,I think people who hunt the animals and then sell them to the shops.They are so cruel.
  • People who wears the fur,they always want keep warm,because the fur can keep their warm.
  • People who wears the fur in some countries is forbidden.They have some rules about people can't hunt animals.
  • I guess some person is too poor so they hunt the animals.

http://www.mcq.org/code/medias/images/gp/mg-peaux.jpg

  • It has some furs are hang at the top of the house.
  • There are some furs I think it's the carcass of the fox.
  • It also has some big bottles on the floor.I think maybe people want to do something like make it be a cloth.
  • People can see easily the fur is everywhere.It has some furs on the bed.It makes people feel the animals are lamentable.
  • The fur is very valuable so people want to get money from hunt the animals.
  • From this picture I want to tell people"Please protect the animals.They are all your friends."
  • When people saw this picture,most of them think the animals are very lamentable.They didn't do anything,but they were killed by people.
  • We should protect the animals and told the hunters can't kill the value animals.Give them a chance to live.Help them is help us.
  • http://www.tourisme-montreal.org/TMImages/03600-03699/03665/the-fur-trade-at-lachine.jpg
  • This picture shows it has a lot of furs at there.
  • I think it's a shop to sell the furs that some people hunt the animals then go there to get a good price.
  • It has a man is standing now.Maybe he is check the amount of the furs he sold today that I think.I think he is very rich,you can find the answer from this picture.
  • It also has some furs are hang on the top of the shop.When I saw this picture at the first time,I think these animals are very lamentable.People who hurt them they are so cruel.The animals didn't do anything,but every time they will be die.
  • There has so many boxes on the floor,maybe all of them are the furs.It also can show us the man is a rich man.
  • I think the man doesn't like the animals,if he like the animals he can't do something like this to sell the furs.
  • The furs are all the people like,but when some people hunt them,they should ask themselves a question:Should I do?
  • The furs are hang on the top of the shop.I think the man want customers to select what kind of furs do they like.

What is fur trade?

The fur trade is one of the earist and most important industries in North America.The fur trading industry played a major role in the development of the United States and Canada for maor than 300 years.The fur trade began in the 1500's as an exchange between Indians and Europeans.The Indians traded furs for such goods as tools and weapons.

3 条评论:

  1. You're welcome...
    Thank you Ms Chan to check my blogger...

    回复删除
  2. 15/15

    An excellent entry! You completed all the questions!

    Wow! You thought about the pictures a lot!

    回复删除
  3. ...it's a gun not a stick in the first pic.

    回复删除