2009年4月27日星期一

Samuel De Champlain - Port Royal

1. Why would Samuel de Champlain want to have a monopoly on the fur trade? Explain in 3-5 sentences. What does monopoly mean?
1602: Aymar de Chaste had obtained a monopoly of the fur trade and set up a trading post at the port of Tadoussac in Quebec ('New France'). I think he maybe wants to get more money then have a monopoly on the fur trade.Maybe he can received some goods in it.If he control all the fur trade,he can get a lot of money.
Monolopoly means the complete control of trade in particular goods or the supply of a particular service;a type of goods or a servive that is controlled in this way.
2. Why would the King want to set up French colonies in Canada? Explain in 3-5 sentences.
Champlain first attempted to create a small trading post called "Port Royal" in what is now Nova Scotia. It was not a great success because there was no business and the settlement was abandoned by 1607.Beacause the king want to increase their lands or areas that I think.The king want to set up more areas for his country.

3. Can you find two pictures of Port Royal, Nova Scotia today on the Internet? What does it look like? Explain each picture in 5-8 sentences what you see.














Here are two pictures of Port Royal,Nova Scotia.I know there is a land which is in Canada.In the first picture,I saw a place where looks like a village.Maybe the houses are made by the people that I think.In the second picture,people can see it has two boats at there,it's a lough.The water you can see easily in this picture,it has the bright water.These two pictures shows me a nice setting that I want to there with my parents or my friends.From this picture,people can see the sea are very bright and clealy,it make people feel comfortable.The house likes a village that let people want to stay there.The grass are very green,it makes people feel clearly.All those pictures show me a wonderful setting,that's so amazing.

Bonus:


I found two picture about the Nova Scotia that I like them very much.That's a wonderful land in Canada.It shows me there has so many trees,I like green,all those pictures show me a spry place.In the first picture,it has a house at there,the grasp and the trees.That's a place that people can go there to have a wonderful trip.The sky is blue and white,it looks so nice.In the second picture,it shows me a lot of trees,I think people can go there have a picnic.When I saw these two pictures,I already want to go there to enjoy myself.That's really a good place,all the things are clearly.However,the sky, the trees, all of them can make people relax.If people who want to have a wonderful trip,I suggest him to go there.

没有评论:

发表评论