2009年4月12日星期日

What You Think is What You See

Questions:Answer each question in 3-5 sentences.


1. If the maps around you showed the existence of the Northwest Passage, would you believe it? Why?
I wouldn't believe it because sometimes people know are not really true. Some people think their ideas are right and they use their way to show their opinions to people. All the maps made by people,people can make it become true so I can't believe it all. In other word,I also can believe in it because people can use facts or the vivid pictures to demonstrate their point like the map.



2. If you were John Cabot and someone told you the Northwest Passage didn't exist. What would you say? What would you feel? How would you react?

I would say you are so stupid,the map shows the Northwest Passage is exist. How can you think it's not true and tell me the reason about your opinion. I would feel angry because I think the Northwest Passage is exist for a really long time. The person who against my thought would make me feel crazy with him. Maybe it would make me to use my life to find the truth.

3. Find a map by Humphrey Gilbert from 1582. What do you see in the picture? Explain.



This map looks different from other maps because it looks like a disc. This map made of lots of circles. There are many different shapes of the lands in the map. I see a part called circulars arctics in the map.


4. Why did the Northwest Passage suit the goals (agenda) of the European explorers and monarchs?

Because the Northwest Passage is really useful. If the people can find this route it means so many rewards they can get. Maybe the Northwest Passage is really important to a explorer who want to have an exploration.
5. Feedback loops help us to see reality as a system. Can you think of an example of a feedback loop from your own life? Look at page 225 of your textbook to help you.
In my life, it has so many people told me that I would study a lot and make more prograss every day and improve my English.I think that's a system.In my life,these people told me that I would study do my homework.


6. What did you learn so far about explorers and the colonization of Canada?

I learned about the John Cabot,Jacques Cartier and Christopher Columbus. All of them are very outstanding.They are all the explorations and they all did a huge job for their countries.St.Lawrence-Great Lakes area,St. John's,Newfoundland and Labrador are the colonization of Canada.

1 条评论:

  1. 12/12

    Thank you for completing these questions!

    This is the excellent Catherine! I want her back!!!

    回复删除